Sunday, May 1, 2011

Before & After ~ Bathroom

apexcarpentryinc.com
Before it was trendy to showcase your 'befores & afters', before I knew what a blog was, slightly before my fascination with HGTV, Husband and I were remodeling our houses like nobody's business.

(Forgive the quality of the following photos, it was 2002 (?) and I had to pull out ye old photographs from the photo album and scan them!)

Before: Welcome to 1972!
Check out the dark wood, the marble countertop/sinks and those light fixtures, aghhh! The toilet and the tub/shower unit was brown.

Ugh. Helpppp!

After much elbow grease and some shopping, we spruced it up as best we could only getting a professional to install a new white toilet and spray coat the tub and shower white. It was worth it! (I still have that white shelf by the way, it was a Mother's Day gift!)

After: Much better!
As we embark on our next house (#10), it will be another opportunity to remodel (little by little.) I have to say, I'm more than a tad excited.

I love scanning the web, going through old decor magazine tear sheets and just plain digging into the whole DIY thing! Is there such a thing as a DIY geek? Because I am one!

Even though my taste has matured (really?) I'm kinda over the lilac. I'm already bookmarking like crazy and starting idea files for our new house. Stay tuned!

I'm hooking up with Sarah at Thrifty Decor Chick:



4 comments:

Andrea said...

Holy Cow! You guys did an awesome job!!!! I feel like I want to do The Hustle after seeing that before picture haha!

Alely said...

looking forward to see where God is going to plant you and your family.

April said...

That doesn't even look like the same bathroom...I'm IMPRESSED!

Marlene said...

Great job! I LOVE re-doing stuff! Looking forward to seeing the next house, a work in progress!

Post a Comment

What are your thoughts?