Thursday, May 5, 2011

Where You Lead, I Will Follow

The backyard.
This morning as I shared the bathroom with my 6 year old I started singing the theme song from "Gilmore Girls." (Entitled "Where You Lead, I Will Follow" sung by Carol King.) I used to sing that to her when I gave her a bath as a baby, and she recognized it right away.

Then I thought about those words and about who exactly would I follow? And what does that look like?

I've also started to ask myself some difficult questions. Like what if I pursued something I really love? What if I like so many things, I don't even know where to begin? What if it's the wrong choice? What if I fail?

I want to write something with substance, and have it read.

I want to pursue music in the church and share it some more.

I want to keep helping kids at school.

As I write this I notice the "I want" in all of them. What I want and what I'm called to do are probably two very different things. But I said I was digging deep.

The Bible study I'm in has me contemplating in the early mornings. That's really the only quiet time I have. Otherwise my day is like many other moms; work obligations, family stuff, house-moving priorities and such.

Never boring.

I caught a glimpse of the sun today, but already it's fading, hinting of rain. At this time last year, my youngest daughter brought me these from our backyard for Mother's Day:

A Mother's Day bouquet.
This year (having been hit by snow showers in May!) I don't have many flowers to look at, just a few hardy daffodils. But I guess that's okay, because in about 30 days (Lord willing) we will leave this view for a new one.

A final glimpse of this house's backyard.
Bittersweet. But following where He leads me.

4 comments:

April said...

So well said, Suzanne...and I'm right there with you! Wherever He leads, I'll go!

Stacy said...

Suzanne,

I'm so glad you stopped by my blog. As I read the above post, I couldn't help but feel that the Lord uses whatever means necessary to encourage us and strengthen our faith. Just so happens that my husband and I, along with our three children, just moved to New Jersey this past August. Both my husband and I had lived in Texas our whole life. We met, married, and had our children there. Both our parents, all our siblings, and many dear friends still live there. We made the decision to move to Northern New Jersey after we felt the Lord leading us to do so. We began packing our belongings into boxes before we even knew where we would live. God can be trusted. We simply have to step out in faith. It's been a difficult transition in some ways, but the blessings are innumerable. Hope all goes well for you and your family in this time of transition. God bless!

-Stacy
thepreciouslittlethingsinlife.blogspot.com/

Alely said...

so where is He leading you for this move? i can't believe it's going to be in 30 days! how exciting!

Noelle said...

God is faithful!!! Delight thyself in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart!! God knows your heart, and he knows more about you than you!! Listen to your heart, continue to do what you love, God will continue to lead you!! Just my 2 cents! :) Beautiful post!!

Post a Comment

What are your thoughts?