Sunday, September 23, 2012

It's A (Birthday) Movie Party!

As I sit here typing, I have a group of 8-year-old girls watching Barbie's "Princess and The Popstar" in our living room. My youngest daughter and I scoured Pinterest for party ideas and came up with a movie-birthday party theme, complete with a concession stand!

I purchased mini candy bars, individually wrapped Twizzlers, small soda cans and popped popcorn.


I had designed some "ticket" invitations that the girls had to bring in order to be admitted into the movie:


We stuck to a red and white color theme and added balloons and streamers. We also made cupcakes, of course!


On Pinterest, I found a way to make boxed cupcakes taste homemade! They actually turned out pretty well. My mom and I found this pretty (and reasonably priced) cupcake stand at Target:


I also found cute popcorn boxes at Hobby Lobby to use as goodie bags.

Hopefully she will remember this party and how fun it was planning it! :)

2 comments:

The Dose of Reality said...

Stopping by from SITS. Love what you did for the party! :) Totally cute and adorable and definitely memorable!

Blond Duck said...

Popped in from SITS! What a blast!

Post a Comment

What are your thoughts?