Sunday, September 23, 2012

It's A (Birthday) Movie Party!

As I sit here typing, I have a group of 8-year-old girls watching Barbie's "Princess and The Popstar" in our living room. My youngest daughter and I scoured Pinterest for party ideas and came up with a movie-birthday party theme, complete with a concession stand!

I purchased mini candy bars, individually wrapped Twizzlers, small soda cans and popped popcorn.


I had designed some "ticket" invitations that the girls had to bring in order to be admitted into the movie:


We stuck to a red and white color theme and added balloons and streamers. We also made cupcakes, of course!


On Pinterest, I found a way to make boxed cupcakes taste homemade! They actually turned out pretty well. My mom and I found this pretty (and reasonably priced) cupcake stand at Target:


I also found cute popcorn boxes at Hobby Lobby to use as goodie bags.

Hopefully she will remember this party and how fun it was planning it! :)

3 comments:

  1. One of the major trends in the footwear last year, are known as shooties and Timberland Boots are bigger than a shoe but shorter than the boat. Perfect for spring and fall days when you can not decide what to wear the shoes, boots are worn with jeans or trousers, they are perfect with dresses or skirts one cool retro style, which makes it very versatile to take.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stopping by from SITS. Love what you did for the party! :) Totally cute and adorable and definitely memorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Popped in from SITS! What a blast!

    ReplyDelete

What are your thoughts?