Wednesday, November 16, 2011

When Life Gets A Hold Of You...


I wish I could say "you haven't heard from me because I was away on a Mediterranean cruise; or hiking the Andes or even on vacation," but it's because I've been so busy working. Or living in real life.

The last few weeks have been strewn with four birthday celebrations, a huge snowfall, a thaw, working away from home, working from home, a dentist visit for all three kids, piano lessons, parent teacher conferences and all the other in between things that keeps life a buzzin'. (See, you're all caught up.)

For goodness sakes, I haven't even had a chance to take many pictures with my new Nikon D3000 SLR.

*sigh*

It's just that way sometimes. In fact as I was saying "see you next week" to one of my piano students last night, the office manager at the school of music where I teach said, "umm, there's no classes next week because of Thanksgiving..."

Oh yeah, Thanksgiving.

And yet I am so thankful, I was belting out "Give Thanks" at the piano the other day, apparently too loud, that the neighbors overheard me and actually stopped raking their leaves. Yeesh.

But I am, so thankful that is, for:

Husband, our three children, a sweet, yet neurotic 130 lb. English Mastiff, my new found work, the fact that we live in a state with four seasons and that last week's 5 inches of snow was just a hint of what's to come. (We love Christmas in the Midwest.)

There's more, but you don't need to hear it all.

So in case life gets a hold of me again, which I think I hear a 12 lb. turkey calling my name, have a blessed and happy Thanksgiving. :)


{photo: The little pond that runs through our tiny Midwest town.}



4 comments:

Casey Martinez said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you too friend! I totally understand the business. I have been so swamped for so long it is like I don't remember what hit was like to have time to visit blogs and enjoy the web. Enjoy your time and hope you are well!

Mindy said...

Oh how funny, I was just thinkin' about you today and wonderin' if you were still alive and kickin'. :o)
Life tends to do that, doesn't it? And isn't it funny that, before the blog existed, it was just life and you weren't necessarily "missing".
I hope you can slow down a bit next week to enjoy the holiday. And if life leaves you MIA, you know we're here when you get back. :o)

Andrea said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you my friend! I totally understand about running around like a crazy person:-) I am hoping December will slow down a bit but I doubt it haha! Love that picture, it looks so calm and peaceful:-)

Anonymous said...

I will hike the Andes with you when you are ready, at least part way. ;)

Post a Comment

What are your thoughts?