Friday, May 3, 2013

DIY Organized Drawers On A Dime

It's been pretty busy lately at our house, what with new clients, our kids' sports activities and end-of-school concerts and events, I haven't had a minute to sit and blog! Husband and I keep talking about painting the living room, but we just don't have the time to do it! I did tackle one small DIY project.


Taking a cue from Pinterest, I organized a drawer that has some of my work stuff. Of course I didn't want to spend much money, so I used the cereal boxes we already had...


Cut them up to make them fit the drawer and covered them with cute wrapping paper I found at Goodwill.


It took me forever to find paper because I don't scrapbook and I won't spend a lot of $ on nice scrapbook paper. (Cheap, cheap.)


I have to admit, it turned out really well. 'Cause I'm all about making things pretty. :)


Here's a behind-the-scenes shot of what it really looks like when you're doing a DIY project!


That's not pretty at all! What have you done lately to beautify (and organize) your home office or craft room? Let me know and include a link to your blog so I can drop by!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Love this idea! I have scrapbook paper so I think I will do mine in that. Only wrapping paper we have is Christmas lol!
Thanks for this idea! I believe I will use it as well but in my "junk" drawer in the kitchen! I will link you back if/when I do!

Robin said...

Looks like you did a great job. I'm constantly trying new things to organize; what I'd really like to do is throw out half of what we own, but since I have a husband and five kids I guess I have to let them keep some stuff. Why can't they just be organized?

Not gonna lie. I have no intention of cleaning or organizing today. I just stopped by to get a little organizational high by looking at your pictures. Thanks for sharing.

Stopping by from SITS.

Unknown said...

Awesome post!

I would love for you to link up to my TGIF Link Party! Who knows, you just might be featured next week!

http://apeekintomyparadise.blogspot.com/2013/05/a-peek-into-my-paradise-tgif-link-party.html

Cathy

Post a Comment

What are your thoughts?